[Starlingx-discuss] set([remote]) do not match local_image

Church, Robert Robert.Church at windriver.com
Mon Nov 12 17:24:27 UTC 2018

Hi Volker,

Sounds like your flavor’s storage extra spec doesn’t match the storage configuration for the computes. ‘local_image’ is the default value for a flavor.

You can specify the extra spec from the CLI by setting the following parameter for a flavor: aggregate_instance_extra_specs:storage=storage_type  where storage_type is one of the following:

  *   local_lvm  - Specifies hosts with LVM-backed local storage for use by the VM.
  *   local_image - Specifies hosts with image-backed local storage for use by the VM.
  *   remote  - Specifies hosts with Ceph-backed remote storage for use by the VM. For example:

Looks like you need to set:

nova flavor-key flavor_name set aggregate_instance_extra_specs:storage=remote

Regards,
Bob