[Starlingx-discuss] Question about interface profile

Perez Carranza, Jose jose.perez.carranza at intel.com
Tue Nov 13 21:57:50 UTC 2018

Hi

I have below scenario that is giving me an error when trying to unlock a controller, do I'm missing something in the process of creating a profile for an interface ?

STEPS:
1. Create an interface profile via CLI using "system ifprofile-add <prof_name>"
2. Lock the node used to host the profile via CLI with "system host-lock"
3. On Horizon, edit the host by applying the interface profile created in step 1
4. Attempt to unlock host via CLI using "system host-unlock"

RESULTS:
Error seen in step four says "Cannot unlock host controller-1 without configuring a management interface". When checking the node's interface list using "system host-if-list" there appear two ethernet platforms--mgmt0 and enp2s1. Checking the locked host also provides a correctly filled-in mgmt_ip and mgmt_mac section.

Output -> http://paste.openstack.org/show/734793/

Regards,
José