[Starlingx-discuss] [StarlingX] Force deletion in Cinder

Li, Xiaoyan xiaoyan.li at intel.com
Thu Nov 22 00:49:54 UTC 2018

Sorry, updated the subject.

      From: Li, Xiaoyan
      Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2018 8:49 AM
      To: 'starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io' <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
      Subject: Force deletion in Cinder

      Hi,

      This email is to discuss whether we can abandon 0009-Pike-Rebase-Enhanced-force-deletion.patch in StarlingX/Cinder.
      This patch resolves the problem that a volume is attached to a non-existed VM and can't be deleted.

      I talked with Openstack/Cinder community. As Cinder uses new attach/detach workflow, now this problem doesn't exist.
      Users can use "cinder attachment-list" to list all the attachments, and then delete them. After that, the volume can be deleted.
      Fang Liang also did such test, it works.

      So I think we can abandon this patch. Any objections?

      Best wishes
      Lisa