[Starlingx-discuss] Refactor task related: Bind config package 1:1 with original package

Lin, Shuicheng shuicheng.lin at intel.com
Mon Nov 26 01:00:34 UTC 2018

Hi all,
In recent refactor task [0], we created several config packages to handle configuration files related patch in original package.
Such as initscripts-config (stx-integ/base/initscripts-config) package for initscripts (stx-integ/base/initscripts).
For these two packages, we set initscripts-config depends on initscripts in spec file currently like below:
Requires: initscripts                         (from  initscripts-config.spec)

I prefer to add specific version info into this field, like below:
BuildRequires: systemd = 219-57.el7                        (from systemd-config.spec)
Requires: systemd

The reason is that, if we upgrade original package only, but forget to upgrade config package, it may cause potential issue if
the new package also modified config files in the config package.
With the specific version info in the Requires field, build will break to reminder the upgrader to check the config package.
This case will have more chance to happen when the original package is already replaced with RPM, such as iptables-config.

With this change, it means upgrader need upgrade both packages together, regardless there is change in the configuration file
or not.

Please share your thoughts with me.
Thanks.

[0]: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003768