[Starlingx-discuss] What's the preferred patch directory structure

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 3 16:44:17 UTC 2018

Brent,

I have noticed that we have a number of different patch directory
layouts with in the stx-* repos.

In some cases there are files/ or <pkg-name>/ directory at the top level
such as sudo (files) or cluster-resource-agents (<pkg-name>), some have
files/ and patches/ at the top level such as net-snmp.  Others have
patches/ and/or files/ under the centos directory. Additional some of
these directory contain patches with the same name.

I am starting to do some clean-up to reduce some of the duplicate
patches and want to look at making the directories more consistent also.

Maybe this has been discussed and I lost it in the mix.
Is there a spec / document showing what the correct layout should be?

Thanks
    Sau!