[Starlingx-discuss] What's the preferred patch directory structure

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 3 21:12:08 UTC 2018

Ok, this is a good start, currently, I am not sure all the directories
match this pattern, and I know that's OK for now.

I would like to suggest some tweaks to this given we are thinking about
supporting multi OS, there maybe "files" (configuration,
inittialization, ...) and possibly patches that are common to mutliple OSes.

Would you please propose a Spec (in stx-specs) for consideration, so we
can better document this structure in Spec form, thanks.

I think as we work on updating patches, we move toward a common pattern.

On 10/03/2018 10:31 AM, Scott Little wrote:
> The original thinking was ....
>
> 1) Patching a centos src.rpm
>
> a/<pkg-name>/centos/patches/
> a/<pkg-name>/centos/meta-patches/
> a/<pkg-name>/centos/files/
> a/<pkg-name>/centos/srpm_path
> a/<pkg-name>/centos/build_srpm.data

For Ubuntu:

a/<pkg-name>/debian/patches
a/<pkg-name>/debian/source
(See: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debmake-doc/ch04.en.html)

a/<pkg-name>/patches
a/<pkg-name>/files

I think this pattern more or less applies to the other examples you list
below.

Sau!