[Starlingx-discuss] Retiring repos

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:20:39 UTC 2018

We have some repos in Gerrit that are no longer used (stx-gplv2,
stx-gplv3, stx-utils) that would be good to get into a final
disposition.  I suggest we do not just remove them because they do
contain history.

The OpenStack practice[0] is to push one final commit into the repo
that removes the content and leaves a note in README.rst explaining
why it is empty.  How does everyone feel about this?  In this case the
history is not long but it is the initial open sourced code so I would
like to not remove the repos.

I do think we should push an EOL tag to the last HEAD before removing
the content (I thought OpenStack did this but I don't see it in their
docs).

dt

[0] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#retiring-a-project
(note that parts of this process do not have equivalents in StarlingX,
we are looking at only steps 2 and 3)

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com