[Starlingx-discuss] Patch to support different address witdhs in DPDK

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:40:07 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 3:18 PM Cordoba Malibran, Erich
<erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com> wrote:
>  - Should be look for a newer openvswitch version? We could look for a
> newer version but this one won't be a centos standard version.

We already keep more current versions of libvirt and qemu than are
supplied with CentOS because there are certain advantages, including
performance.  openvswitch may fall in to that category too,
particularly with the reliance we will have on DPDK.  I'm not sure
what the criteria should be for making that kind of decision, although
I do expect we should have a high bar to meet to do that..

I would like to hear the thoughts from those who know these bits well.
The last time I build an openvswitch package was at the Bexar
summit...

dt

--

Dean Troyer