[Starlingx-discuss] [tsc][governance] Governance repo updates

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:23:45 UTC 2018

For everyone interested in setting up the StarlingX Governance:

I have begun some updates to the stx-governance repo:

[0] makes some changes to the document structure by adding a 'tsc'
directory under /reference to leave space for other things to be
co-located here (like a StarlingX-specific WG or something similar)

[0] also adds some text to the landing page that parallels the
OpenStack Governance a bit and starts the list of document links on
the TSC landing page with the Four Opens and our Charter.  I am not
using :toctree: here because we will have a mixture of external links
and internal documents.

[0] also adds a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC-BY-3.0)
LICENSE file to the top of the repo similar to how we have LICENSE
files containing the Apache license in our code repos.  This raises a
question of if we should also include CC-BY-3.0 in code repos that we
publish documentation for to cover the docs?

[1] adds some code taken from the TC and UC governance repos that
produces a table of TSC members from a data file.  This adds Python to
the repo so all of the usual support bits are also included here.  I
anticipate doing something similar in the future for the project list
but first we have to create the project list...

[2] adds the "house rules" doc we talked about in the 11Oct2018 TSC
meeting.  I have generalized this a bit from the OpenStack TC usage to
include the things we decide pertaining to operation of TSC functions
that are not included in the Charter.  I think details do not belong
in charters but still need to be recorded.  I do not expect to merge
this review as-is, please add suggestions or thoughts here...

I plan to continue fleshing out this repo over the next couple of
days, if you have suggestions for priorities please include them
here...this is what is on my list today:

* StarlingX Project list (projects that we are the upstream for,
excluding all forks - they should be in a separate list)
* Release naming
* Project Testing (we have thus far adopted the OpenStack PTI
wholesale, point there [3])
* Licensing requirements (point to OpenStack[4]?)
* Election process (not the top priority (yet))

dt

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/609814/
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/609817/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/609842/