[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distro meeting, 10/17

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Oct 17 13:40:09 UTC 2018

Agenda & notes for 10/17 meeting:
    - Bugs for 2018.10 review (Ghada)
Lshell component will be deprecated: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1795451
Shuicheng to work offline to address the patch reviews.

    - non-OpenStack patch analysis status (Saul/Zhipeng)
not much update/changes from Saul's side. 
1st patch submitted by Zhipeng for nfs-util: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/610459/. Following Penney's review comments, will use puppet for the configuration. Still working on after-patching scripts. For in-service sw-update may not require reboot, the puppet scripts will not be run. Brent's comments: may depends on type of changes. Will discuss in the mailing list for the design details. 
needs to change the existing puppet config files, no need to create folders for puppet config files. Need to discuss case by case. 
Zhipeng want to use platform-util to config the destinations scripts. tis-extension is designed for 3rd-party. 
Saul wants to have each changes for each RPM files. not to use platform-util. We may have to document the design of how to handle it. Shall be based on scenario. NTP can be a special case. 
Zhipeng to work on a design doc for the general cases, and also identify the special cases how to handle it. 
    - Kernel driver upgrade update (Shuicheng)
mellanox driver upgrade has been dropped. only 3 drivers will be upgraded: QAT, DRBD, e1000e drivers are the ones being upgraded. Still waiting for the test resource to be available before we can merge them.
    - Ceph upgrade status (Vivian/Dehao)
Not much updated. Dehao lost the access to github. Checking patching list and rebase it next. Will follow the requirements to cherry pick those. Check if there is any puppet changes required to config the newer version of Ceph. Except for Python-ceph, it's not depends on Puppet. 
    - Opens (All): None

-----Original Appointment-----
From: Xie, Cindy 
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 9:38 AM
To: Xie, Cindy; Chen, Yan; Wold, Saul; Sun, Austin; Wang, Yi C; starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io; Lin, Shuicheng; Khalil, Ghada; Rowsell, Brent; Somerville, Jim; 'Ildiko Vancsa'
Cc: 'Leo Xu'; Zhu, Vivian; 'Waines, Greg'; Qi, Mingyuan; 'Chen, Jacky'; 'Young, Ken'; Hernandez Gonzalez, Fernando; 'Komiyama, Takeo'; Perez Rodriguez, Humberto I; 'Seiler, Glenn'; Arce Moreno, Abraham; Hu, Yong; Gomez, Juan P; Jones, Bruce E; Hu, Wei W; 'Eslimi, Dariush'; Martinez Monroy, Elio; Shang, Dehao; Cobbley, David A
Subject: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distro meeting
When: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:00 PM-10:00 PM (UTC+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong, Urumqi.
Where: https://zoom.us/j/342730236

. Cadence and time slot:
o Wednesday 9AM EDT (9PM China time)
. Call Details:
o Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/342730236
o Dialing in from phone:
o Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
o Meeting ID: 342 730 236
o International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/ed95sU7aQ
. Meeting Agenda and Minutes:
o https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-distro-other

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list