[Starlingx-discuss] Question - Using 1Gb mem pages

Perez, Ricardo O ricardo.o.perez at intel.com
Fri Oct 19 22:14:19 UTC 2018

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer, I just forgot to put the computes information about memory configuration, here is the info:

Compute-0

   VM Pages
0   Reserved for Platform: 8000 MiB
Usable Total: 86387 MiB
Available: 84787 MiB
    4K Pages:
    Total: 230656
2M Hugepages:
    Total: 1271
    Available: 983
1G Hugepages:
    Total: 80
    Available: 80

1   Reserved for Platform: 2000 MiB
Usable Total: 93698 MiB
Available: 92674 MiB
    4K Pages:
    Total: 29696
2M Hugepages:
    Total: 5319
    Available: 5319
1G Hugepages:
    Total: 80
    Available: 80

***********************************
Compute-1
Processor
    Memory
    VM Pages
0   Reserved for Platform: 8000 MiB
Usable Total: 86504 MiB
Available: 84968 MiB
    4K Pages:
    Total: 0
2M Hugepages:
    Total: 1780
    Available: 1524
1G Hugepages:
    Total: 80
    Available: 80

1   Reserved for Platform: 2000 MiB
Usable Total: 93552 MiB
Available: 92528 MiB
    4K Pages:
    Total: 0
2M Hugepages:
    Total: 5304
    Available: 5304
1G Hugepages:
    Total: 80
    Available: 80

Am I missing something else to made use of 1G memory pages ?

Thanks
-Richo