[Starlingx-discuss] Purpose of wrs-remote-clients package?

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Tue Oct 30 18:47:21 UTC 2018

To answer Bruce’s question: “  Is the SDK part of StarlingX?   “
The answer is yes. All elements of the SDK are present in the StarlingX code base and are buildable. The SDK provided value to previous users based on our experience. We need to align as a StarlingX community on whether to better document/publish its use or phase it out.

As Greg points out the remote-clients package is intended to allow users to remotely access the REST API (including the extensions present in StarlingX). Given that StarlingX continues to keep these extensions for the time-being, I would advise against removing this package at this time.  Package removal should be considered in line with the continuing overall efforts for patch elimination from StarlingX (i.e. we shouldn’t remove the package until we remove the backend extensions).

Regards,
Ghada