[Starlingx-discuss] Notes from our weekly call today

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Sep 5 14:59:47 UTC 2018

Agenda and notes for the 9/5 meeting

  *   Release readiness / Bug status

  *   Update from DEV sub-project teams on release deliverables
o    We have 55 items active in SB for the release and 9 bugs in LP
o    stx-gui - merge for stx-gui packaging is in progress, one gating bug, fix in progress.  Then we can flip the switch and start building the new RPM. On track.
o    stx-config - No concerns, on track.  memcached integration in progress.
o    disrto-non-openstack - Saul has completed his first pass analysis of patches, categorizing them into buckets (init, config, etc..).  See master tracking spreadsheet.  CentOS 7.5 update in progress, 2 packages have runtime issues.  One package is not going to be updated due to known issues in the upstream package.  Will update 255 packages this week and create a new build for Testing.  On track.
o    distro-openstack - changes in flight for keystone and ceilometer.  Backup and restore work in progress.  Gnocchi work is done but story not closed.
o    Docs - Work in progress on API document conversion and on release notes infrastructure.  Every dev will need to tag their changes for reno.  Automated rel notes are per git repo.  Docs team to document / publish process to the team.  We have deliverables not strictly tied to the code freeze e.g. wiki updates.  On track.
o    Build team - no issues / risk for the release, On track.  Cesar to invalidate a few legacy stories.
o    Security - status of fuzz testing - Ken to remove tag from story.  Team to work with Jeremy to build process for how to handle Security issues privately.  Security team to review any open CVE issues in SB - already addressed, just need to close the Story.
o    Networking - One feature - generalize networking config - on track.  Two OVS enhancements in flight
o    Zuul team on track
o    Python2 team has reduced 4 tickets to 2.
o    Devstack - nothing planned for October.

  *   Test Team Update
?  Current frequency on sanity runs on master - sanity is triggered after each daily build
?  infrastructure for October release testing
?  baremetal testing update
o    Thoughts on Bug Triage process
o    How do we host log files for bug analysis?  What is the file size limit for posting files for Launchpad?   593 kbytes. paste.openstack.org can be used to post log snippets. Collect cmd can be used but the files are 10-200MB in size.  Need to discuss with OpenStack Infra team...
o    How to deal with critical/blocking bugs -- email to the mailing list? ...so that someone can jump on it
o    Current build hasn't worked for 5+ days.  Test team to raise red flag and ask for triage help.  WR has simplex running and duplex is running, both on bare metal.  Devs are using VB and report no problems.  Intel is using libvirt/qemu which WR doesn't cover.

  *   PTG agenda - please review https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-PTG-agenda and update if you have topics for the PTG

  *   Team roundtable - issues?  blockers?