[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] Setting up the docs.starlingx.io website

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 22:51:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

For third-party CI systems that run on premise we don’t provide a log server but recommend to have a machine to which your job runner can push logs onto (via scp or ftp or rsync or...) with apache with autoindexing turned on to make the log files available.

We have a puppet module a lot of third-party CI deployments use which incorporates a log publishing website: https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/puppet-openstackci/tree/manifests/logserver.pp

It might be a bit more than what you would want as a first run as it does colorization and interactive filtering of common log formats via a WSGI backend, it depends on your preference which route you go down on.

In either case you probably also want to have some means of purging logs after they reach a certain age so it doesn't grow out of control (that puppet module I linked above includes a cron-driven script to do that too).

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó