[Starlingx-discuss] Fedora Libvirt patch - required to deploy on Fedora 28, probably other non-ubuntu specific

Cordoba Malibran, Erich erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com
Mon Sep 10 04:15:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the patch. I'm also using Fedora for the deployment and I've seen this problems as well as other in the creation of the docker images[0] for building.

This part of the building and deployment process is in an early stage of development and thus, there are bugs and lack of functionality on some parts. Like you pointed out, the support for more flavors in hosts for virtual deployments is one of the missing parts and we are happy to receive feedback :)

What you think about sending this patch as a review for the stx-tools[1] repository? It would be good to have it landed.
Anyway, I have two open questions regarding you patch (not necessary question to you).
    1) Is it possible to remove the seclabel from the ubuntu version as well? Having this will block us to have these xml definitions, we would need to "generate" this xml files based on the host that we will use.
    2) Why was needed to remove the check for "application/x-iso9660-image"?

Thanks again for all your feedback.

-Erich

[0] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002560
[1] http://git.starlingx.io/cgit/stx-tools