[Starlingx-discuss] stx-tools changes related to bugs 1790213, 1790716

Michel Thebeau michel.thebeau at windriver.com
Mon Sep 10 14:49:24 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was able to launch and test StarlingX under virtualization according
to the wiki:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Installation_Guide_Virtual_Environment

and in particular, I booted "Controller_Storage" with four nodes, and I
proceeded to test the system according to Wind River's internal wiki for
the this purpose up to booting instances from image and volume.  I saw
several known bugs including alarm/health query not working and a
networking problem for instances.  The build I used was dated 2018-09-04.

I made some textual changes to the "Controller_Storage" wiki, one of
which was an omitted instruction to "Enable LVM Backend.", which would
have left the controllers with storage in a "adding on unlock" state.

I've submitted several code reviews for stx-tools based on my experience:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601275/  (deployment: libvirt: make use
of rm command safer)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601276/  (deployment: libvirt: remove
macs from xml)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601278/  (deployment: libvirt: remove
pci, bus, controllers)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601279/  (deployment: libvirt: update
machine type and model)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601280/  (deployment: libvirt: correct
internal/external net)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601282/  (deployment: libvirt: refer to
Starlingx wiki)

These changes build upon the commit from Dean and Abraham:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/585588/  (Add virtual environemnt
deployment scripts)

Thanks, that was fun :)