[Starlingx-discuss] [Build] Follow-up on Installer Action

Young, Ken Ken.Young at windriver.com
Wed Sep 19 15:32:10 UTC 2018

Saul / Cesar,

I wanted to follow up on my action from the StarlingX Build Meeting on Monday.  A full recipe for building the installer is already available in the README discussed on the call:

https://github.com/openstack/stx-metal/blob/master/installer/initrd/README

This action is closed.

Now that we have this recipe, what are the next steps?  I am suggesting that:

  1.  Once the CentOS 7.5 merges, we create an updated installer.  This needs to follow this recipe precisely.
  2.  We need a Wiki highlighting this to the broader community.  The capability is there but it is really hidden at the moment.  This should also contain the recommendation provided by Don Penney on the mailing list on how frequently this step needs to be completed (i.e., rarely).

I believe this covers off the immediate issue.  I am certainly open to other ideas and suggestions.

Cesar,

Please add this topic for the build meeting on Monday.

Regards,
Ken Y