[Starlingx-discuss] Bug Handling Process >> Proposal for notgating tag

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Sep 20 20:10:28 UTC 2018

Hello all,
In StarlingX, we currently use labels for target releases for Features/Enhancements as well as bugs [0]:
Example: stx.2018.10 (October Release), stx.2019.03 (March Release).

For low priority bugs or enhancements which may not have a target release, I was thinking to use a specific tag to indicate that they do not gate any release - stx.ng or stx.notgating. This would help with the screening/prioritization process. Right now, we leave them blank (w/o a release tag), but it's harder to tell if they have been reviewed or not. I like the idea of having an explicit release better.

Any thoughts or concerns?

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Tags_and_Prefixes

Thanks,
Ghada