[Starlingx-discuss] Additional StarlingX sessions at the Summit - Speakers Needed!!

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 18:51:42 UTC 2018

Hi,

The next OpenStack Summit is approaching quickly and we are looking for speakers for a couple of additional sessions that we will be scheduling for StarlingX shortly to provide even more visibility to the project:

* Project Update: a 20-minute long recorded session. The purpose of the session is to give an overview and update about the project, which I believe is a great opportunity to talk about the first release and the plans onwards beyond a brief introduction of the project. We are looking for one or at most two speakers for this session.

* Project Onboarding: a 40-minute long non-recorded session. The purpose of this slot is to introduce the StarlingX project as well as the community to attract and onboard new contributors. It is important to let people know how they can get started with StarlingX and what they can start to work on/contribute to make it as easy for them to join the project as possible. We are looking for up to three speakers for this session, but having more team members in the room can help engaging with new contributors.

* Breakout session (optional): a 40-minute long recorded session. We would like to offer one full conference session for the team to take. This can be either a presentation that was proposed for the CFP but wasn’t selected, or a topic that you feel important to talk about and is not covered yet through the already scheduled presentations. This opportunity is optional, but if the team decides to take it we will need a title, abstract and speaker(s) (max. 3) as soon as possible.

I created an etherpad to sign up for the slots listed above: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/StarlingXSessionsBerlin

Please add your name to the ones you would like to present and suggestions for the breakout session if you have any, to choose from. We can discuss options on the project call next week and we would like to finalize the list of speakers and the breakout session details during the upcoming week or two.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó