[Starlingx-discuss] stx.2018.10 Status

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:23:30 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Khalil, Ghada
<Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com> wrote:
> The code freeze for the StarlingX October release is scheduled for Wednesday
> Sept 26. During the community meeting on Wednesday 10am ET, we will have a
> final review of the status and a go/no-go call for the code freeze.

I would add that the Zuul pipelines have been running slowly the last
week or so, partially due to a reduction in capacity from some of our
cloud providers.  We are waiting for test nodes up to 5+ hours today
in the check pipeline.  Things are running slower than usual so we
will need to account for that in setting the actual freeze time.

[...]

> Once the code freeze is in effect, there will be no submissions to master
> until the release branch is created.

The requirement here is no merges until after the branches.  We can
continue to submit to Gerrit, and trust the core reviewers to not +W
anything.  That way the regular back-and-forth of the review process
can continue.

dt

--

Dean Troyer