[Starlingx-discuss] [build][meetings] build meeting minutes 9/24/2018

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Tue Sep 25 21:15:14 UTC 2018

Attendees: Saul, Hayde, Abe, Erich Ken, Marcela, Bruce, Cesar

Agenda for 9/24/2018
- Installer- Ken
- New proposal for mirror
- general plan for next version of stxb - moved to next meeting
- opens

Meeting Notes

-       Documentation for installer completed and updated both in wiki and in the script's readme file, we are still having gaps on documentation on how often do we rebuild the installer package and what happens if we upgrade to new kernel or need to inject new drivers. AR is to take this to the community and take input about their needs

-       Question was raised about Aragorn emails in the mailing list about missing packages, not really sure about the actions needed when we do see an email about missing packages; the answer for this question is that Aragorn is an automated account that sends alerts of missing packages whenever we try to create a mirror from scratch, if those packages are missing we need to find new repositories or urls and update manifest files to get new sources for those packages at build time.

-       We are currently working with a Canadian incubator company called www.cengn.ca which seems willing to host StarlingX build artifacts and IOS images as a contribution to the project, the idea will be to host packages needed for our build and avoid hard to get packages, we should hear more about this and the next steps for us as build team.

-       We need to work on the next version of stxb tool, we will be working on requirements for next release. A proposal for an initial use case to be discussed with the team.

Regards

Cesar Lara
Software Engineering Manager
OpenSource Technology Center