[Starlingx-discuss] Distro.openstack meeting notes for Apr 2

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue Apr 2 15:41:53 UTC 2019

Meeting notes and agenda for the 4/2 meeting
Any feedback or reaction from the Nova community regarding Dean's email?  No update.  Did it get sent?
*         PCI Affinity dependency on Nova NUMA topology - Zhipeng

  *   This affinity agent could not get both pci_device info and numa info of server from nova.

  *   In nova stage version, we added below two for server.

  *             server["wrs-res:topology"]

  *             server["wrs-res:pci_devices"]

  *   In nova master, no these attributions for server.

  *   For topology, I can see that there is a patch of adding numa topology pending for merge

  *   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/621476 Add server sub-resource topology API

  *   Next step - Zhipeng to investigate alternative implementations that don't have dependencies on Nova.
*         Help with test items:

  *   Replace SR-IOV/PT best effort scheduling policy with Queens feature
?  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/555000/3..3/specs/queens/implemented/share-pci-between-numa-nodes.rst
?  https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004888

  *   Replace vswitch affinity with Rocky feature
?  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/541290/18/specs/rocky/approved/numaaware-vswitches.rst
?  https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004889

  *   DB purge
?  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/purge-db
*         Discuss Horizon configurable page refresh

  *   Please socialize this feature with the Horizon community for discussion at the PTG as a new feature.  Let's see if we can get a positive discussion going in that community.
*         Please add Gerry Kopec to pending / new Nova reviews
*         Review tracking sheet

  *   Discuss expected schedule of upstream work and report back to Release team
*         Review open stories and cleanup

  *   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003108 - please have a lead accept the feature