[Starlingx-discuss] stx-nova repo changes for upstream tracking

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:19:43 UTC 2019

I just finished resetting the stx-nova repo [0] to track upstream nova:
* the old master branch is now stx/old-master for reference
* master branch is a snapshot of upstream master as of about 30 min ago
* stable/stein branch is a snapshot of upstream stable/stein as of
about 30 min ago
* stx/stein is our working copy of stable/stein and where anything we
backport should land.

Big Note: I am thinking about keeping a policy of periodically
rebasing stx/stein on stable/stein to keep a clear history as we move
forward, making it easier to see what we have added.  That possibly
means doing it next week when the final stein tag is added.  Thoughts?
 Force pushes can be inconvenient for developers but I am thinking the
price may be worth the return on a wider scale.

dt

[0] https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-nova

--
Dean Troyer