[Starlingx-discuss] Distro.openstack meeting Apr 10 2019

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue Apr 9 13:27:36 UTC 2019

Meeting notes and agenda for the 4/10 meeting
*         We took a decision at the release planning meeting to integrate the partially complete NUMA live migration patches from Artom into the f/stein branch to de-risk the feature.  Gerry to backport and add his fixes. Bill to get an update on the status of this.
*         Are there any other changes from the upstream list that are also that important?
*         Dean's email from 4/5:

  *   I just finished resetting the stx-nova repo [0] to track upstream nova:

  *   * the old master branch is now stx/old-master for reference

  *   * master branch is a snapshot of upstream master as of about 30 min ago

  *   * stable/stein branch is a snapshot of upstream stable/stein as of about 30 min ago

  *   * stx/stein is our working copy of stable/stein and where anything we backport should land.

  *   Big Note: I am thinking about keeping a policy of periodically rebasing stx/stein on stable/stein to keep a clear history as we move forward, making it easier to see what we have added.  That possibly means doing it next week when the final stein tag is added.  Thoughts?

  *    Force pushes can be inconvenient for developers but I am thinking the price may be worth the return on a wider scale.
*         Chris replied:

  *   I like the idea of rebasing periodically to keep our changes "on top".

  *   Rather than force-pushing, it might make sense to create a new branch for each of these rebases.  That way we don't need to rewrite history.
*         We agreed that we would create a new branch every time we pick up a new change, picking up the new upstream every time (even with other changes).  This requires a build change every time but is consistent with how we are handling other similar packages e.g. Ceph.  New branches to be f/stein.1/.2/.3 etc...
*         Have the NUMA changes from upstream been backported to the branch?  Any links to reviews or stories?  Bill to provide from Gerry.
*         99 Cloud sent an email update:

  *   AR Bruce to ping Eric on getting eyeballs on rdb disk reviews and a couple others that look ready to go

  *   Bruce to update the master spreadsheet from the email update

  *   Shuquan to check if the fixes for "Fix stale RequestSpec instance numa topology for live-migration" are in the Stein branch (or need to be backported)

  *   Dean to create a f/stein.1 branch for the NUMA live migration backport from Gerry.