[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes - 4/4

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu Apr 11 13:16:31 UTC 2019

Hi all;

As a general reminder to the community – we are collecting input for the PTG and reviewing proposals that people are putting forward to evolve StarlingX.  All ideas are welcome, the etherpad we are working with is here [0].

Minutes from last week:

Packet POC:
    Decide on 1st project and how we get this off the ground
Curtis - Probably makes the most sense to start with the performance/footprint/what have you work
Integrate somehow with existing (CENGN based jenkins?) infrastructure to kick off performance tests in packet.com
We deploy to Packet set servers - with a load from Cengn
Performance suite - footprint (CPU, Mem)
Follow by OPNFV yardstick; review what work would be required to integrate yardstick in some fashion
Curtis and Victor working on this.
Could this be used as a sandbox for new users?
Could be a quick access for someone to try out STX
- first step is to figure out the deployment
This is actually a fairly large piece, as stx tends to deploy via ISO, and that is not how deployment to packet.com is really done.
Just to write down possible projects (so now 4 or 5 ideas):
CI/CD integration
Performance/footprint/etc testing
Edge CBRS short term project
Sandbox - Allow new users to get quick access to an stx instance
Workshop usage - Use packet.com for workshops, ala summit workshop

Community building - Curtis looking for sponsors for Ottawa and Toronto meet-up.
Curtis - Will be running the stx workshop on the 24th of April at OICR at the Open Infrastructure Toronto meetup

Release policy draft - comments or feedback? -- brucej
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-release-policy-draft
Where should this go long term?  Docs?  Wiki?
Release planning team to review some more.
What is the process to approve changes to the release?

Next release:
What process do we want to follow?
take of list and put in etherpad - make it easier to add comments
easier to review and maintain context
needs to live there for ever - until the content is decided and moves into Storyboard, Spec's
Brent volunteered to start the etherpad - will send a note to ML https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-ptg-denver

What do we want to try to have ready for the PTG?
Need a list
Need a prime
Need to do research and prep
PTG outcome - draft list of content for next release
After PTG who will sponsor the item

Review details
Curtis - Added two things to the ethercalc 1) security groups 2) network slicing
Secuity groups are already being done in R2 - needs to be documented
Network slicing - is STX interested in network slicing
Would have to do a fair amount of research to see where NS is at this time; lots have changed in the last year or so
Time sensitive networking might be related...

[0]  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-ptg-denver