[Starlingx-discuss] Public sandbox?

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:07:42 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:27 PM Arce Moreno, Abraham <
abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com> wrote:

> > > Some people would love to see also a virtual showroom of StarlingX
> > > features, more below...
>
> > Sounds great, where did this discussion occur? I'd like to take part if
> I can,
> > though I am somewhat limited in N/A daytime meeting times.
>
> It was an informal team talk while we were planning some self-learning
> activities for the next months.
> We can arrange a sync up meeting If you want to get more into the specific
> details.

Ok cool. My suggestion is going to be that we setup a Special Interest
Group (SIG) around the packet.com work. This SIG would exist for a short
time and we would funnel all the related packet.com work through it for the
time being, at least in term of what resources are being used and how.
Then, once we felt everything was well understood in terms of how we
organize and use the packet.com infrastructure we would disband it and work
would continue as normal in the teams that are using the infrastructure.
I'll mention this at the community and TSC meetings this week.

> > >     We can start easily right away, deploying the demos that you guys
> have
> > > presented in the past conferences, and for every demo / workload /
> whatever
> > > you want to call it, we must have generate a:
> > >
> > >     - Reference Architecture
> > >     - Solution Brief
> > >     - Application Note
>
> > Where does these requirements come from?
>
> At Intel, we use the above artifacts when we do customer enablement and
> they are the core of our solutions libraries. Not a specific requirement
> from anyone but our proposal for ways to teach, give a working solution
> base or simply create awareness on StarlingX. Let us know how do we proceed
> with this proposal.

I think we would just want to make sure that whatever artifacts we generate
are valuable to the community and we shouldn't just bring in an existing
process if it doesn't match up with community requirements, though, of
course, it might end up being exactly what we want. I mean I think I can
understand what a reference architecture is, but I have no context for what
an application note is. :)
Thanks,
Curtis