[Starlingx-discuss] Notes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distro meeting, 4/17

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Apr 17 13:55:51 UTC 2019

Agenda & Notes for 4/17 meeting:
    - Ceph upgrade status
    1. patch review status (Daniel)
    https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:ceph-mimic-upgrade+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
    patch merge is waiting for the testing confirmation before it can be workflow +1.
    Dean question: do we need to generate the code again or not? Daniel: is there any chance to do Ceph upgrade again, the answer is no. So the current solution is OK because we are not going to regenerate the code again.
    Daniel will maintaine the code in case there is any change required.
    Due to the fact that we are going to containerize Ceph, the code will not be required.

    2. Ceph dev build validation status (Fernando)
    in the middle of 2+2+2 install, I am at the point where all the nodes have personality and are online but Storage-1 was never online
    Sanity + P1 test cases for pre-merge identified, under review.
    Expect to have 3 days. Trending to have test results for the 1st ISO by Friday.
    Tingjie to work w/ Fernando for the Ceph specific test cases in parallel.

    - QAT driver upgrade
    1. QAT driver status (Haitao)
    Enable QAT 4.5 driver on CentOS 7.6; next step is to integrate the RPM onto StarlingX. CWs are back to ODC and working on environment setup.
    VF on CentOS 7.6 is loading. passing QATZip testing.

    2. test plan prepration (Ricardo)
    Ricardo is reviewing the cases provided by Numan and working on prioritizing the cases.
    M3: 4/15: test ISO provided to Ricardo (Haitao) has been delayed. Haitao: to provide a new estimate date - trending end of April.

    - Opens (all)
   - Libvirt/qemu patch removal: SB#2005212 (Jim Somerville)
         - Pre-submission testing by Numan's team has been successful
         - Jim is getting ready to send out the Pull Requests to Dean/Saul and proceed with submission
         - Code is expected to merge by April 26, so we are two weeks ahead of schedule
     Concern on open development of doing the work offline and deliver the "done work" afterwards.