[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (April 17, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Apr 17 14:44:13 UTC 2019

Notes from today's meeting...

- Kata Containers Supports (Bruce)
     - Kata containers has a nice "Supporters" page: https://katacontainers.io/supporters/
     - can / should we have something similar?
     - Ildiko said it is in progress to highlight infrastructure donors and contributing companies as a starting point
              - for first run we'll have "contributing" companies, supporting will come later
              - it'll be soon, possibly not before the Summit, since that's coming up very soon

- Python 2 to Python 3 (Bruce)
     - it is highly likely that we will only do one release in 2019
     - is Py2->Py3 now more important and/or release gating?
              - how much of our code is still on Py2?
              - Cindy: all Flock services (but one) are already on Py3
                    - larger concern is on 3rd Party packages
                    - Dean: have we tested on Py3 yet? not yet
              - we agreed to discuss at the PTG re: Rel 3

- Infra needs for testing (Ildiko)
     - to sync up with the infra team on the PTG we should bring up the topic on openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org
     - any volunteers to drive this?
     - how to move testing into the Public?
     - Ildiko wants to facilitate setting up a meeting with the Infrastructure guys about this
     - their PTG meetings are on Thu/Fri (Infra / QA)  https://www.openstack.org/ptg/#tab_schedule
     - Saul volunteered to take this
               - he'll work with Dean, Ada & Numan
               - then will reach out to the Infrastructure team to set up a 1 hour cross-project meeting

- OpenDev (Dean)
     - it'll be this Friday April 19 @1500 UTC (8am Pacific, 11am Eastern)
     - gerrit will go down, anywhere from 2h to 8h
     - see details in email from Clark Boyan http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-April/004062.html

- Core Reviewers Review (Cindy)
     - Cindy requested core reviewer attention to some reviews (Huge Page, Calico, PCI Affinity)
     - follow ups will be done

- Security Patches (Victor)
     - Victor asked for some reviews (perl, systemd)
     - Ghada sent this link to show who the core reviewers are for a repo:
              - https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/?filter=starlingx
     - general consensus that Community members should feel free to reach out to Core Reviewers as needed

Bill...