[Starlingx-discuss] [ Test ] meeting minutes - 04/23/2019

Cabrales, Ada ada.cabrales at intel.com
Tue Apr 23 20:50:13 UTC 2019

Agenda for 04/23
 Attendees: Elio, Bill, JP, Richo, Ada, Jose, JC, Fernando, Numan, Cristopher, Bruce

1. Release decision, timelines planned - 10 min, Ada
    - New dates presented - Distributed cloud will be out for this release, and will be integrated later.
    - Ada to create a consolidated report for the progress of feature testing (Tests, pass/fail, etc)
    - Ada to update the release plan with current status for feature testing activities.
    - Numan showed the regression test plan and the summary table. Ada to mimic it for the feature testing.

2. Containers test plan sync - 20 min, Numan, Jose
    - Numan has uploaded the file with their test cases (~45). Jose to check it and verify we are not duplicating tests. We have around 60 scenarios, and around 10 with steps.
   - Feedback has been requested through the mailing list. We are getting comments on them.

3. Automated tests sharing status (upload to the repo) - 10 min, Numan, Ada
    - Intel Internal process has to be followed in order to get the code out. Ada working on it. Template to be delivered by EOW.
    - Numan's team working on removing internal dependencies to their labs.
    - Tests should be adjusted to using the new Openstack commands (instead of the neutron/nova/etc CLI).

4. Opens - 20 min, All
    - Elio -
      + Automated tests - from the previous 200: 45 fixed, 11 reworked.
      + 103 new test cases, struggling with gnocci tests. Help requested to JP.
      + Help required on security test cases - Fernando already working on it, changes introduced by the containers inclusion.
      + Also continue the work on the test cases.
      + Make sure of using OpenStack commands only.

   - Numan - What happened with getting a testing environment in the open?
     + Bruce: we are working on setting an internal (intel) cloud. We already started conversations with CENGN on how to host a public cloud.

Regards

Ada