[Starlingx-discuss] [MultiOS] How to deploy STX in other linux systems?

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 23:43:23 UTC 2019

Hi Kunpeng

Cindy is right, we are working very hard to make it possible as soon
as possible. Right now the current state of the project is described
in this mail:

http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-April/004145.html

The current multi-os build system we have been working on lives in:

https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-packaging

It has a very clear README with videos and examples

With that you can start building parts fo the flock services as DEB
packages, you can also create a live ISO image that you can test.

In the previous mail pointed you will see the list of TODO thins we have.

The full architecture is described in this document as well:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ck7vGH50AIAjUx9GNrIGtowG5qg7OYUBNdJyY-5ZvDc

Regarding your use case, we are more than happy to help with the
developing of tools to enable the community to support other OS. In
this case the Kylin OS is not in our scope, however, it is the Ubuntu
OS. I am not familiar with Kylin but a nice first exploratory phase
could be that you take what we have right now, and test if you can
install the packages of the flock that we have ported to Ubuntu and
see if they can be installed. ( no functional test has been performed
yet )

If you have any questions please let me know, any feedback to our
multi-os build system is more than welcome

Regards

Victor Rodriguez