[Starlingx-discuss] Duplex Config: Cannot unlock host controller-0 without configuring a cluster-host interface.

Michel Thebeau michel.thebeau at windriver.com
Fri Apr 26 15:59:50 UTC 2019

Hi Marcel,

Please confirm a guide you are referring to for your configuration.
 For example:

https://docs.starlingx.io/installation_guide/latest/index.html

And Duplex:
https://docs.starlingx.io/deployment_guides/latest/aio_duplex/index.htm

And perhaps:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Containers/InstallationOnAIOD

Please quote the cluster host listed in config_controller output,  for
example:

Kubernetes Cluster Network Configuration
Cluster pod network subnet: 172.16.0.0/16
Cluster service network subnet: 10.96.0.0/12
Cluster host interface name: enp0s8
Cluster host interface: enp0s8
Cluster host interface MTU: 1500
Cluster host subnet: 192.168.206.0/24

And, give the output of 'system host-if-show controller-0 <interface>'
for the management interface.  Per the document "https://wiki.openstack
.org/wiki/StarlingX/Containers/InstallationOnAIODX", the mgmt interface
is the "cluster host" interface, which is supposed to be configured for
controller-0 by the config_controller script.

Based on your output we may find the answer or I could help find
someone who can dig into it.

===

With respect to finding a build, the approach I use is to review the
"Sanity Test" emails sent to this list, and find one that is green for
that configuration I want to test.  Unfortunately it looks like the
reports are persistenly RED especially for Duplex.

I recommend asking the question in a seperate email with that specific
subject in subject line, and reference the persistent  RED sanity
results so that if there is any insight to offer the right eyes will
see the question.