[Starlingx-discuss] Ansible bootstrap in one node configuration

Ngo, Tee Tee.Ngo at windriver.com
Tue Apr 30 15:37:41 UTC 2019

Hi José,

You certainly can automate with Ansible bootstrap. The default parameters can be found in host_vars/default.yml of the bootstrap playbook. Please refer to the wiki for the location of playbook. You can overwrite one or more of these default parameters using either ansible-playbook command line option -e (--extra-vars) or a user override file which is in .yml format.

The default directory which Ansible looks for user override files is /home/wrsroot (this default directory can also be customized). A config override file must have the following naming convention: <inventory_hostname>.yml. Inventory_hostname being the target host specified in the inventory file that is used when you run the bootstrap playbook. As documented on the wiki, the default bootstrap inventory file is /etc/ansible/hosts. You can specify a custom inventory file using ansible-playbook command line opiton -i (--inventory).

I will be able to assist better if I know a bit more about your automation flow and the sample configuration file you use for AIO-SX. Let's set up a zoom session to discuss your setup.

Tee