[Starlingx-discuss] Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack distro meeting

Chen, Tingjie tingjie.chen at intel.com
Fri Aug 2 11:09:36 UTC 2019

Hello,

About the opens in Ceph containerization proposal, comments as following:

3. Ceph containerization plan review (Tingjie)
- story: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005527
Tingjie presented the design and his plan for 4 milestones. Two more opens:
    - if we do not cut-over to containerized Ceph in 3.0; how to have some feature in but not to break the current ceph functionality.
[Tingjie] if not cut-over to stx.3.0, the Ceph version is still for Mimic 13.2.2, and other modules depend on Ceph may has issues, some issues from outside Ceph, some from internal Ceph, we can backport patch or investigate if Ceph Mimic need to resolve and maintain the patch list, and the external interface of Ceph always keep stable, so no big gap for functionality.
For the develop mode, we can maintain several big gerrit patches and update periodically, there are several project impact and no much patch number needed.
    - Brent has one review comments in Tingjie's spec regarding SW upgrade (backward compatibility for containerzied Ceph and mimic).
[Tingjie] Currently containerized Ceph vesion is Mimic 13.2.2, it is the same with native deployment in stx.2.0, I have update the spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/656371/<https://review.opendev.org/> for the SW upgrade concern in Upgrade impact section.
Upgrade from current implementation to Rook, it is a big gap since deploy model changed completely, and I list checkpoints for that.
    AR: Tingjie will continue working on spec and design to address the concern. the plan will be refined further.

Thanks,
Tingjie