[Starlingx-discuss] [Release] [Build] Preparation and discussion about StarlingX release 2.0

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 17:18:40 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 8:58 AM Zvonar, Bill <Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com> wrote:
> Scott - if you can provide a brief summary here of what you think the steps are beforehand, that'd be great.

I ran a dry-run of the branching process this morning using the following:

Branch: r/stx.2.0
Tag: v2.0.0.rc0

Tagging the branch point makes it easier later to pull a list of
changes for the next RC or the release tag...

I did find a couple of tweaks required in the branch-stx.sh script to
account for the OpenDev change and only branching the Gerrit repos:
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/674342/

The wiki pages [0] and [1] have been updated to match my current
understanding (above) of the release naming and process.

dt

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Release_Plan
[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Release_Process

--