[Starlingx-discuss] [build][multi-os]Proposal for new starlingx repo - stx-zuul-jobs

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 2 18:06:13 UTC 2019

Folks,

As I am doing the work for multi-os, I have created some Zuul ansible
playbooks and some new roles to go along with that.  We have also
enabled (or will enable) some additional zuul jobs that use various
scripts. These are currently being tested in the starlingx/fault repo,
but need to be in a more generic location.  In the past we have been
putting scripts into stx-integ, which is not the most ideal location.

I see that the "openstack" repo name space has an openstack-zuul-jobs, I
think this is because zuul itself has a zuul-jobs which might conflict
in the zuul namespace (this is just a guess).

StarlingX would need a stx-zuul-jobs and it would contain new StarlingX
specific Zuul playbooks and associated roles, along with other
tools/scripts to support these playbooks and other StarlingX Zuul jobs.
For example the recently added spec-tools to stx-integ could be moved
this new repo.

I have heard that the Infra team might be looking at some restructuring
so that might play a role in the direction or creation of the repo.
Maybe somebody from infra will pipe in here, or I will ping later.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Sau!