[Starlingx-discuss] How to power off an active controller via VM? (STX R1.0)

Martinez Monroy, Elio elio.martinez.monroy at intel.com
Tue Aug 20 15:58:09 UTC 2019

Hi Chen, it seems that you want to turn off  the active controller, the system is protecting for doing that. That is because is saying that you need to lock it first.

My suggestion should be to swact controller in case that you have more than one controller nodes. If you don’t then you can try to turn it down using your BMC ip with ipmitool.

Besides that. Im guessing that when you say VM , it is a virtual environment. Then you can use virsh.

Please correct me if I’m making wrong asummptions.

BR

Elio