[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (August 28, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Aug 28 15:28:27 UTC 2019

Notes from today's call...

standing topics
- reviews that need attention
   - none
- sanity - any reds since last call?
   - nope
- calls for assistance on the mailing list
   - issues with keystone from Sai Chandu at Calsoftinc: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-August/005802.html

2.0 release build/sanity
- http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-August/005781.html
- got through the build & sanity / additional test ok, on to Scott/Dean doing their thing re: tagging the branch
- also, Scott's email about build timing: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-August/005812.html

- 2.0 announcement
   - the point about not being able to 'upgrade' from 2.0 to a 2.0 mtc release (per last week's release team meeting)
   - release notes
      - landing page
         - high level summary: https://docs.starlingx.io/releasenotes/index.html
         - per Mike, they'll update this to differentiate the 2.0 material from 1.0
         - if anyone has any requests/updates, please use this review to request/comment: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677805/
      - sub-project specific release notes
         - linked from the landing page, e.g. https://docs.starlingx.io/releasenotes/stx-metal/index.html
         - per Dean, these will be organized correctly when we have the pbr stuff (tagging, some scripting) sorted out in each repo
      - contributor guides
         - for the main page: https://docs.starlingx.io/contributor/doc_contribute_guide.html
         - for the sub-project pages: https://docs.starlingx.io/contributor/release_note_contribute_guide.html
         - general consensus (silence?) on having the 2.0 release notes as a work in progress at the announcement date
         - but, for 3.0, we'll endeavour to have them updated as we go --- Bill to capture an AR on this
      - communication
        - Ildiko reiterated that the press releases, web site updates & presentation materials will go out on the 3rd

3.0 plans
- http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-August/005782.html
- PLs need to assess the status of their 3.0 feature work - what's the plan for completion & feature test readiness
- release plan: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZFR-9-riwhIwiBYBmWmi1qOVyHtgJ8Xk_FaF2jp5rY0/edit?usp=sharing
- milestone definitions: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
- 3.0 board in StoryBoard: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/186