[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX 2.0 Duplex Controller in Active/Active HA

Lin, Shuicheng shuicheng.lin at intel.com
Sun Dec 1 07:11:31 UTC 2019

Hi Anirudh,
Per my understanding, for duplex, there is always 1 active node and 1 standby node.
The "active/active" or "active/standby" in the document is for "services", not for node.
If you try to run "sudo sm-dump" in the standby node, you will find some services are "active", while some services are "standby".

For the 2nd question, VMs are running in compute node. And for duplex, both controller nodes are compute nodes also.
And the "Active/Standby" is for controller, not for compute function, that is why VMs will run in both node.

Best Regards
Shuicheng