[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Containerization Meeting

Miller, Frank Frank.Miller at windriver.com
Tue Dec 10 15:21:47 UTC 2019

Minutes from today's meeting:

Next meeting will be next week on Dec 17.  Then no meeting after that until January.

*       We did not have quorum to brainstorm the unit test approach.  Will re-schedule to Dec 17 meeting.
*       Mingyuan has created a nice tool to create/build container applications to run on StarlingX.  Request the container team members review his commit this week: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/697013/<https://review.opendev.org/>
*       For stx.3.0, 2 features still have open tasks.  Ran and Mingyuan described the remaining tasks (some are ready to merge) and took the action to create a small stx.4.0 storyboard to move these tasks to stx.4.0.  Then the stx.3.0 features can be marked complete:
o       Intel GPU device plugin: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005937<https://storyboard.openstack.org/>
o       QAT device plugin: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005514
*       Tingjie gave a good overview of Rook and ceph containerization.  One outstanding request is to look at how sysinv is being used and change the design so rook manages the ceph configuration and not sysinv.  We'll have a follow-up discussion at the Dec 17 meeting.

Frank