[Starlingx-discuss] [build][meetings] Build team meeting minutes 1/31/2019

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Fri Feb 1 20:53:52 UTC 2019

Build team meeting
Attendees Marce, Erich, Pipo, Memo, Luis, Abraham, Saul, Victor, Bruce, Ken, Jason

Agenda for 1/31/2019
- Review stories for next release
- Explore build mechanism for feature branches
- Cengn update
- Opens

Notes
Review stories for next release: We reviewed the stories committed for next release out of the build team, after a brief overview for these, (2004011-13 ) we realize that the activities are linked to task under 2004043, so we decided to do some housekeeping and get rid of the duplicated ones. AR Cesar to send Ghada an email about this.

Explore build mechanism for feature branches: we have the capacity to deliver these on demand, overall mechanism works the same as our release builds, so in case there are a requirement to build a custom ISO file, based on any given branch, we have the resources to do it.

Cengn update:  Build system running stable, a lot of effort to get builds based on the new architecture, we do have email notifications ready for build failures. Still pending the migration of hosted mirror to K8 clusters inside Cengn.

Opens:  There was a proposal for two new user experience features:
    - Provide a way to check requirements before starting a build.
    - Improve build system logs.
The ask was about if these new features will need to follow the spec process to get accepted and the answer was yes, so, Erich will start putting something together to follow up on this.

Regards

Cesar Lara
Software Engineering Manager
OpenSource Technology Center