[Starlingx-discuss] [Containers] Not able to boot controller-1 on Duplex installation

Perez Carranza, Jose jose.perez.carranza at intel.com
Wed Feb 6 22:20:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm installing a Duplex with containers and I'm getting below error when unlocking controller-1
========

| task                | Configuration Failed, re-enabling                                     |
| task                | Rebooting                                                             |
| task                | Booting                                                               |
| 200.011 | controller-1 experienced a configuration failure. | host=controller-1 | critical | 2019-02-06T13:44:19 | controller
========

then  controller tries to boot again until but below failure appears and the controller satays on failure status.
===================
| task | Configuration failure, threshold reached, Lock/Unlock to retry |

If I made a lock/unlock cycle I get with the same issues. I was searching on the puppet.log of controller-1 and I found below errors, seems like the repository is not reachable, my question is if I used a proxy on the config_controller those proxies are also propagated to controller-1 when is automatically installed?

2019-02-06T13:52:15.219 Notice: 2019-02-06 13:52:15 +0000 /Stage[main]/Platform::Helm/Exec[initialize helm]/returns: Error: Looks like "https://kubernetes-charts.storage.googleapis.com" is not a valid chart repository or cannot be reached: Get https://kubernetes-charts.storage.googleapis.com/index.yaml: dial tcp: lookup kubernetes-charts.storage.googleapis.com on 8.8.4.4:53: read udp 10.10.10.4:52260->8.8.4.4:53: i/o timeout

I created a Launchpad to track down this behavior

https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1814968

Regards,
José