[Starlingx-discuss] [multiOS][meetings] MulitOS team meeting minutes 2/11/2019

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Tue Feb 12 20:36:13 UTC 2019

MulitOS team meeting

Agenda for 2/11/2019

- Presentation about separation of monolithic build

- Continue Discussion on uploaded specs around MultiOS

   Multi-OS overview specification - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/619801/

   Reorganize Flock Services Source Code repositories - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/631288/

   Example of repo based on this spec - https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-packaging

- MultiOS build system

- Opens

Notes:
Presentation about separation of monolithic build - Ken to share these slides, high level presentation about the multiOS challenge and some implementation details.
Topics covered: Separate the OS build from the rest of StarlingX specific services and artifacts, build only specific elements and the non-OS piece.

Continue discussion on uploaded specs around MultiOS -
-Still no spec around the generation of deb. files and the generation of Ubuntu version of StarlingX
  There has been some integration and testing on this but need to integrate this as part of a new spec
  We might want to do the same for newer versions of CentOS
  This team has to evaluate the option  to build each component of the flock services and their 3rd party components and ship those     independently

-Still no clear scope for multiOS activities for May release - we need to clearly state what are we trying to achieve for next release on the multiOS space.
There are some activities that are happening around the cleanup of mocks and dependencies of spec files
We are targeting those to be included as part of laying the ground work for multiOS
 The team is on hold with a few tasks regarding directory structure, adding repos and build system while the meta spec is approved to continue with some of these "ground work tasks"
- For may release the multiOS efforts should be focused around these main topics
 Source code reorganization
 Directory Layout
 Dependency cleanup
We are waiting for these topics to be described in formal specs so we can start assessing the implementation details and discussing the wins around these for the project

AR - start writing the specs only focused on may release topics
AR - Come back with an updated proposal
AR - Need to start working on the next level of multiOS and details around the implementation so we can discuss them

MultiOS build system - this topic was discussed along with the specs discussion, although, I wanted to restate that there are no changes planned to current build system, to support other OS we will bring up tooling and infrastructure native to new supported OS, that and the ground work will set us up for supporting this multiOS effort.

Regards

Cesar Lara
Software Engineering Manager
OpenSource Technology Center