[Starlingx-discuss] [build][meetings] Build team meeting minutes 02/14/2019

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Mon Feb 18 18:28:51 UTC 2019

Build team meeting

Agenda for 02/14/2019

- Cengn update
- CVE scan integration
- Opens

Notes

Cengn Update
Build environment stable, there has been some minor issues due to upstream changes, we don't have a huge impact and they have been solved in a timely manner. We need to establish an strategy to lock down bits and minimize risks on file versions on upstream changes, for this we discuss the possibility to have the latest versions for Master branch and lock down versions for release branch. We will write down a script to enforce this strategy

AR - Cesar to identify a resource to help Scott on enabling

AR - Cesar will identify a resource to help Scott to review scripts on Cengn that updates to packages on mirror

CVE scan integration
CVE scanning tool proposals presented

a sub team will evaluate tool and a proposal based on the following  requirements

- is fully automated
- is up to date with vulnerabilities
- can handle multiple OS
- need scanning of containers (maybe take a look on Clair tool)
- needs a report for further analysis
- link to patches or merged patch
- patch update - fix in OS first

AR Ken to send a communication to mailing list about the process we were following on this and updates

Regards

Cesar Lara
Software Engineering Manager
OpenSource Technology Center