[Starlingx-discuss] Contributor Survey

Seiler, Glenn glenn.seiler at windriver.com
Wed Feb 20 23:21:39 UTC 2019

Ildiko, team
I think there are logical steps in the progression of someone using a project like StarlingX.
First is just to download it, (or build it) and try to run some sample VMs or containers.
Second would be to start a PoC or evaluation and maybe contribute to the project.
Only after the first two steps would anyone start to consider deployment.

So I think asking about deployment will not get us where we want to be.
I think we focus on the first step, almost exclusively.
- do they even know about StarlingX!!
-have they downloaded it? Do they plan to?
-have they had any problems...
-what can we do to make it easier for them...

I think that is step 1.

We can agree to skip that step and go straight to what they want to deploy on the edge, but those are really two very different surveys.
If we want to focus on what they deploy at the edge, we have to acknowledge they very well may not even be deploying StarlingX....after all it is still very young and companies can take many months or years before they deploy.

-glenn