[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes - Feb 14th TSC meeting

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu Feb 21 14:25:46 UTC 2019

Hi all;

TSC attendees: Ana, Brent, Curtis, Dean, Ian, Miguel, Saul

Notes and actions:

Deep Dive into Multi-OS related Specs - Homework for TSC members, please read Specifications before TSC meeting.

  *   The MultiOS specs were discussed and TSC members were asked to review and provide comments.

Next steps for Packet.com PoC

  *   We discussed the potential of the Packet.com opportunity.  There are many ways we could approach this and we decided we needed a call with the Packet team to understand more.
  *   https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/starlingx-packet-edge-pilot
  *   Action: Curtis to set up a call with the interested parties on the Etherpad

Documentation Mega Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/635641/

  *   Curtis - The proposed docs are quite extensive (which frankly, is great) and would, and if completed, considerably expand (AFAIK) on what architecture and operations documentation exist in upstream OpenStack. Also, some of the proposed documentation, network providers for example, may be better off either pointing upstream or having the work be done upstream. I guess my point is that if there are resources to complete this documentation, then maybe we should think a bit about upstream as well. Could we collaborate with the upstream docs team? If some of STX's documentation could help outside of STX, then that might help to clear up confusion around exactly what STX is. Maybe cross-project is a better term than upstream. :)
  *   Action: comments in spec Gerrit – TSC members please review

FYI - OpenStack Operator meetup in Berlin – Curtis

  *   It is sponsored by a telecom.
  *   Links:
  *   http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-February/002436.html
  *   https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BER-ops-meetup
  *   Action: If anyone lives close or has people in the area that could attend.

Regards;

Ian