[Starlingx-discuss] Notes: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack Distro meeting, 2/27

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Feb 27 14:35:38 UTC 2019

Agenda & Notes for 2/27 meeeting:
    1. Ceph upgrade plan/status (Ovidiu, Daniel & Changcheng)
    Tingjie: build issues:
        - size is 1GB bigger than previous one (2.82G vs 1.87G). the new Ceph image include the debug info. Tingjie has a patch to strip the debug section and the new size is 1.88GB.
    patch is uploaded in the shared feature branch, expecting Ovidiu to review;
    - incremental compiling of Ceph: reduce the build time if not build Ceph every-time. Patch uploaded and verified locally. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/638698/
    - src options: download tar ball or download the git src repo with manifest. External release w/ src somewhere with SHA commit ID. we can do the build with this tar.gz. This is for stable archieve purpose. Will use tar ball download for Ceph and AR for Tingjie to update the current way of setting up the repo.
    Ovidiu: Daniel is able to bring up 2+2+2 with WA regarding Ceph RESTful API is brought up. Plan is to get the existing code working get rid of the WA. Will do more testing with K8s up.
    Changcheng: beside get rid of restful AP WA. radosgw service issue remains, Ovidiu may need to enable it. Yong was trying to enable but failed and blocking control0 unlock.
    Ceph meeting tomorrow for detail technical discussion. purpose on week by week plan till the feature branch merged to master.

    2. CentOS 7.6 upgrade test status (Numan)
    test report from Numan shows no blocking issue for 7.6 branch; WR internal IT issue blocks the signing image testing. Numan is using the unsigned image to conduct the remaining testing. Will send out the report after that. Expecting to have test finish by end of this week.
    agreement that signing image testing is not block 7.6 branch cut-over.
    kernel version: 3.10.0.957

    3. OVS upgrade planning (Shuicheng)
    OVS 2.11 released just couple of days ago. Will upgrade OVS to latest version. Will do it in the feature branch first.
    previously we use src RPM, the new OVS 2.11 we do not have SRC RPM, so we will use tar ball from OVS upstream directly (OVS 2.11, DPDK 18.11).
    Plan to finish the rebase work in 2 weeks. and then handle to network sub-project team for functional testing and Ada will do network related system testing.
    Elio is working w/ network team for defining the testing cases to testing OVS/DPDK and with good progress.

    4. Opens (all)
    N/A