[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes from 2/21 meeting

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu Feb 28 14:15:28 UTC 2019

Hi all;

TSC attendees: Ana, Brent, Curtis, Dean, Ian, Miguel, Saul, Shuquan

Minutes: 2/21

MultiOS
	Is there an existing deb build system in OpenStack?
		- No, typically downstream
There is a community planning meeting in openstack for packaging? (missed this one)
	Finding other people doing similar work and who can help out
Public service announcement - MultiOS meeting on Mondays 7am PST will provide update and insights into experiments in flight and planned.
	- Please join if interested in this topic.

Denver summit - workshop discussion
	https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-denver-2019-workshop
	Shuquan and Curtis have updated abstract - please have a look and review
	Finalize by next meeting
	Action: Need abstract to secure slot for summit - we should list our presentation slots so we don't have conflicts. Shuquan
	Resources for workshop
	Ildiko could reach out to Vexxhost, once Curtis checks with Packet.com/John S.
	Action: Curtis will check with John Studarus on using packet.com infrastructure for the workshop
		Curtis is working with John S. on another workshop (openstack-ansible) that is also using packet.com infra
	Action: Shuquan will update Ildiko with some additional details for the workshop, including times that will not work for the facilitators
	NOTE: Curtis has the openstack-ansible workshop on Monday from 2:00 to 3:30PM
	https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23210/workshop-deploying-openstack-ansible

Denver summit talks accepted on STX
	Congratulations to community members who had a talk accepted.
	On boarding and other sessions are coming together - (Project update 20 min and On boarding - 40 min)
	Forum sessions come next

Packet next steps
	Curtis - Waiting for MOU from Packet, then that would go to the OpenStack Foundation for signage in some capacity
	Curtis - Should we have some kind of SIG or WG...how do we want to handle this?
	Work in a SIG initialy then spin out the other projects when they become mature?
	Curtis - I see at least three major areas. Some long running, some short running projects.
	Long term project - Performance testing, daily/weekly testing, publish results
	Long term project - CI/CD
	Short term project - IoT project using packet edge resources
	Some concern about having another meeting, finding a slot, etc
	Maybe we incubate it informally a bit more, and then place the work into the appropriate existing subteams
	Decision: keep it as a standing item at the TSC meeting for the time being

OpenStack work At Risk for current release - needs some help upstream.
	see minutes from Project call 2/20
	Nova patches at risk of missing cut off - some not staffed, some are in review cycles - PTG items at risk

	Full details at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1udAtEpQljV2JZVs-525UhWyx-5ePOaSSkKD1CS27ohU/edit?usp=sharing
	Live Migration Patch w/ Pinning (numa_topology)
		active, but need to monitor to see if it's going to land soon
	Shared/Dedicated vcpus on the same host or standardize CPU resource tracking: At Risk
	Shared VCPU Extension
		these haven't been active for ~9 weeks
	vCPU model
		unassigned, no chance of this being done for this release now
	Clean Up Orphan Instances
		likely to suffer same lack of attention in community when code posted
	Server Group Show Enhancement
	Numa Topology API
		need Core attention on these two
	Add support for emulated virtual TPM
		- needs attention
	Disk Performance Fixes
	Extra Spec Validation
		- these two are suffering from lack of reviews by Cores
	Action: attend nova meeting to raise request for review
		- list the review items on review schedule for the Nova team - provide more visibility

NOTES:
New project that may be of interest - Open Source Evolved Packet Core: https://www.opennetworking.org/news-and-events/press-releases/onf-sprint-launch-open-evolved-mobile-core-omec-open-source-project/
ZTP conference might be of interest : https://www.layer123.com/zta-agenda-day1/

Regards;

Ian