[Starlingx-discuss] discuss about initial value of TIS_PATCH_VER when upgrade packages

An, Ran1 ran1.an at intel.com
Fri Jan 4 08:28:23 UTC 2019

Hi all
  I'm sending this to discuss about the rule of initial value of TIS_PATCH_VER when srpm package is upgraded.
"TIS_PATCH_VER" is a counter to indicate change within a major version of the package, on which we put patches.

When I upgraded srpms(related to CentOS) from CentOS 7.5 to 7.6, there are different voices about the initial value of TIS_PATCH_VER(comments on [1][2][3][4]):
    a). reset it to 0
    b). reset to the number of STX patches remaining (source patches and meta_patches together)
    c). reset to the number of STX patches remaining (source patches only)
    d). reset to the number of STX patches remaining (meta patches only)
    e). case by case, better do not reset.

It is not a technical issue, but we will face it each time we upgrade packages, so which would you like to choose?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/627760/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/627750/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/627156/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/627770/