[Starlingx-discuss] CENGN Mirror Robustness

Young, Ken Ken.Young at windriver.com
Fri Jan 4 18:47:15 UTC 2019

All,

We are working on a plan to make the Mirror more robust for the community as a whole.  In co-operation with CENGN, we are moving the mirror from the current bare metal server to a kubernetes container with a CEPH backend.  From a community perspective, we are expecting to have the transition to be seamless.  We are sending the email from an awareness perspective.

The current timeline we are targeting is:

  *   Have the environment ready by Jan 8th
  *   Perform testing in parallel with the existing and the new environment until Jan 11th
  *   Transition to the new implementation of the mirror on Jan 14th.

We are planning to maintain the current environment in case we need to switch back to the existing implementation.

We will keep you in the loop as we progress towards this transition.

Regards,
Ken Y