[Starlingx-discuss] How to get access to Starlingx

Michel Thebeau michel.thebeau at windriver.com
Thu Jan 17 19:58:40 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-17 at 18:13 +0000, bharath thiruveedula wrote:
> Hi Matrinez,
>
> I am planning to install on virtual environment.
> >>I encourage you to test with your resources and please inform us
> any interesting findings.
>
> Can you please share some pointers on a minimal hardware footprint?

If you are reviewing the virtualization methods from Installation guide
here:
https://docs.starlingx.io/installation_guide/index.html

You will find that the requirements are coded into the scripts and xml
for virtual environment under libvirt/virsh.

This guide lists 32G RAM minimum for the virtual environment.

Martinez Landa, Hayde wrote:
> I encourage you to test with your resources and please inform
> us any interesting findings.

I would suggest the same.  If you want to respond to me offline I'm
willing to share what I know about implementation of the virtual
environment.  But this caveat: a host with 16G will not allow StarlingX
to do much-if-any work if you can get it configured.